Jordan Hepburn - Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner (GP APP)
What is a GP APP?
This is a new role supported by Scottish Government which aims to be patient centered and to provide tailor made expert musculoskeletal (MSK) assessment and advice.
Benefits for patients
• Quick, timely access to specialist advice
• Accessing the most appropriate care pathway at the right time
• Longer appointment times (20 minutes)
• Empowerment to self manage
• Opportunity to gain lifestyle/physical activity advice
What conditions can the GP APP deal with?
• Spinal pain including low back pain and sciatica, mid back pain and neck pain
• All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
• Possible problems with muscle, ligament, tendon or bone e.g. Tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains
• Any joint pain, including arthritis or possible arthritis
Jordan will be available in the surgery on Fridays. At this current time he will be consulting with patients via telephone and video calls. Patients can request an appointment by calling the surgery.